Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Plastic, Reconstructive & Regenerative Surgery (PRRS) is an international peer-reviewed journal focusing on scientific research and clinical innovations in microsurgery, reconstructive, aesthetic and regenerative fields of plastic surgery. Significant papers on any above-mentioned fields are invited for publication.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor submitted elsewhere to another journal for consideration in the same or another language, in part or in full, nor any part of its essential content, tables, or figures.
- Cover letter (You should upload your cover letter at “Comments for the Editor” section of the online submission process).
- The main manuscript (including title, authors, affiliations, running title, abstract, key words, text, acknowledgements, financial/conflict of interest disclosure, sources of funding, references, tables and legends for figures) is in Microsoft Word (Use Word “template”).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- References adhere to the requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, for papers with more than three authors only the first three Authors must be indicated, followed by “et al.” (example: Cypess AM. N Engl J Med 2022;386:768-779).
- Where available, DOI names for the references have been provided.
- Images are in .TIFF or .JPEG format, resolution at least 300 dpi (upload in separate files, see Author Guidelines for details. IMPORTANT: maximum dimension for each single file/image is 2 MB).
- The (Authorship Statement Form) is properly filled in, signed, saved in .pdf format and uploaded in the next step of the submission process.
AUTHORSHIP STATEMENT FORM
The corresponding author must sign the Authorship Statement Form, save it in .pdf and return it by uploading at our submission platform https://pprsjournal.com
It is the policy of the Journal to correspond exclusively with one designated corresponding author. As the corresponding author, it is your responsibility to communicate with your co-authors.
(1) All authors participated sufficiently in the intellectual content, analysis of data (if applicable) and writing of the article, by the criteria for authorship by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (http://www.icmje.org/). (2) The corresponding author certifies that the definitive version of the manuscript has been approved by all co-authors, as well as, director of the Institute or Department where the work has been carried out. (3) All persons who have made substantial contributions to the work reported in this manuscript (e.g., data collection, writing or editing assistance) but who do not fulfill the authorship criteria are named along with their specific contributions as an acknowledgement in the manuscript. The corresponding author certifies that all persons named in the acknowledgement section have provided written permission to be named. (4) All authors have reviewed the final version of the article and approve it for publication. (5) Authors must state that the article submitted has previously published, and is not under consideration or accepted for publication (in whole or in part) elsewhere nor have assigned any right or interest in the article to any third party. (6) Written permission from the authors to reproduce any material copyright elsewhere has been obtained prior to submission. (7) Authors must specify that consent has been obtained from taking part in the investigations or, in the case of paediatric patients, from the guardian/s and that they have obtained written releases from patients whose names or photographs are submitted as part of the article. (8) For reports containing original corresponding author should have full access to all the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data accuracy of data analysis. (9) Any manuscript concerned with human subjects, medical records, or human tissue that is submitted “Plastic Reconstructive & Regenerative Surgery” should comply with the principles stated in the Declaration of Helsinki “Ethical Principles Medical Research Involving ‘Human Subjects”, adopted by the 18 World Medical Assembly, Helsinki, Finland, June 1964, amended most recently by the 64 World Medical Assembly, Fontaleza, Brazil, October 2013. If the study involves human subjects or records of human patients ethical approval MUST have been obtained. The corresponding author must state ethical approval was given, by whom and the relevant Judgementʼs reference number. The manuscript should contain a statement that the work has been approved by the appropriate Ethical Committee related to the institution(s) in which the work was and that subjects gave informed consent to the work. “Plastic Reconstructive & Regenerative Surgery” requires institutional Ethics Committee approval for all human studies. For retrospective studies on patientsʼ records either a statement of approval or a statement exemption from the Committee is required. Ref N° of the Ethical Committee Approval must be indicated in the Authorship Statement Form. The study was approved by the Institutional Ethical Committee (the Name of the Institution must indicated in the Authorship Statement Form) and this is clearly stated in the Methods section of the article. This statement should also be provided upon submission of the manuscript. Studies involving experiments with animals must state that their was in accordance with institution guidelines and relevant national laws. (10) The article contains no libelous or unlawful statements,
does not infringe the privacy of others, or contains material or instructions that might cause harm or injury. The corresponding author shall indemnify and hold the Editors and its agents and licensees harmless from any damages, costs, and expenses reasonable attorneyʼs fees and costs of settlement) resulting by reason of any claim, action, or proceeding finally sustained settled inconsistent with the foregoing warranties and representations. (11) All manuscripts are screened for plagiarism, which
implies immediate rejection. Suspected plagiarism is handled in accordance with the COPE flowcharts (http://publicationethics.org/resources/flowcharts).
Every author or co-author of any article published in this Journal is solely responsible for the contents of the article, for the statement made in their paper and for the material sent. Every author or co-author needs to fully comply with the Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation): “Article 9. Processing of personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation shall be prohibited”.
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE. All authors must state any information that may be perceived as potential conflict of interest. must disclose all their affiliations including any relevant personal or institutional financial involvement (employment by an concern, consultancies, honoraria, speakers bureau, stock ownership or options, expert testimony, grants received or pending, membership on a standing advisory council or committee, a seat on the board of directors, or being publicly associated with company or its products, royalties, donation of medical equipment, etc.) with any organization that to any authorʼs knowledge direct interest, particularly a financial interest, in the subject matter or materials discussed. This declaration will be treated Editor as confidential while the paper is under review, and will not be made known to Reviewers. Please indicate on the Authorship Statement Form whether or not you have or may have such a conflict of interest regarding the content of this article and nature of it.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER AGREEMENT. (a) Authors assign to “Plastic Reconstructive & Regenerative Surgery” all copyright in and to including but not limited to the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell, distribute and otherwise use the article in whole or electronic and print editions of the Journal and in derivative works throughout the world, in all languages and in all media expression now known or later developed, and to license or permit others to do so. (b) The authors retain all proprietary rights, than copyright, such as patent rights. The authors retain the right to reuse any portion of the work, without charge, in personal compilations or other publications consisting solely of the author(sʼ) own works, including the author(sʼ) personal web home and to make copies of all or part of the Work for the author(sʼ) use for lecture or classroom purposes. The corresponding declares that any person named as co-author of the article is aware of the submission and has agreed to being so named. corresponding author accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all co-authors. The corresponding declares that statements and opinions given in the article are the expression of the authors. Responsibility for the content article rests upon the authors.